Sunday, July 29, 2007

...When Puppies Fly!

Here is a recent picture of our family dog. "Clover" is a 7 and a half month old Rat Terrier which we have had since she was 6 weeks old. She currently weighs about 15 lbs, is about 11 inches tall, and may grow a bit more. She is an excellent mouser and is just beginning to learn the art of stalking the occasional bird which lands in her territory (the yard).


She loves her stuffed animal toys - in fact she "loves" them until she can pull all of the stuffing out! She goes through an average of one every week or two - depending on how tough it is. We went to the DI and stocked up on replacements to have on hand.


Clover enjoys going along on many of our family trips or adventures - including being my co-pilot for a St. Patrick's Day ('07) flight when she was about 3 months old and half the size she is now!


She was a bit nervous hanging beside me, so I tucked her inside of my harness lines so she could rest on my back. I designed the harness with leg straps for all 4 legs - so there was no way she could fall out. (She has since outgrown this harness, but I am waiting for her to stop growing before I enlarge it.)


Cody & I had a great 2 hour flight at Short Divide, and managed to climb up over Gunsight Peak and just enjoyed exploring the various peaks, boating around in the smooth air - mostly over 9,000'.


After landing Clover was ready for a nap! When it was time to load up, she didn't want to get out of my harness! Hopefully that was a good sign.

Air Time: 2 hrs.

0 comments: