Tuesday, December 25, 2007

White Christmas

Christmas eve through Christmas morn' brought about 8-9" of new snow to our valley! It made the drive home from Grandma & Grandpa's a bit tricky, but we made it safely in time for Santa. Christmas day dawned clear and cold, with a beautiful blue-sky day. After the early morning festivities, the boys and I went outside to help neighbors shovel out their driveways and play in the new snow.



While Landon dug a snow hole,



I noticed the nicely "groomed" street in front of our house.



I couldn't resist hooking up a sled to my motorcycle and pulling the boys around the neighborhood!



I remember doing the same thing with my brother when I was a kid (until the cops came and put an end to our fun!)



Even Clover braved the cold to get in on the fun. The bright sun made the 20 degree temp. seem not so chilly, and apparently all of the officers were too busy to come harass us!


Even Roscoe P. Coltrane came out to play!


We eventually ran out of daylight and energy. I could tell I would be a bit sore in the arms, abs, quads, and back from all of the shovelling and playing - but it was a good kind of sore ;-)

1 comments:

Amy said...

Oh my! You're really gutsy riding a motorcyle in the snow-- no less pulling a sled behind you, too. I know I'd have a major crash and burn if I tried riding in the snow! :)