Wednesday, January 9, 2008

1WD

We have been in a very snowy pattern lately, which has brought a significant snowstorm about once every 2 or 3 days. I shoveled 4 or 5 inches off the driveway before turning in last night, and today the next storm brought 5 or 6 more inches! How am I supposed to go hang gliding if I can't even get to launch?!


I suppose I could spend the rest of Winter wishing for airtime, cursing the snow, or I could just enjoy it and look forward to Spring. I did notice in the weather almanac that the number of daylight minutes are gradually increasing! (Is it Groundhog Day yet?!!)


So, part of "enjoying" (this is fun?!) the snow is riding my motorcycle to work. This morning was a bit of a treacherous, white-nuckle ride, as there was enough snow to cause some school districts to at least consider calling it a "snow day". The fresh snow on the road actually gave me better traction than hard-packed ice. I just had to be careful on the corners or crossing any ruts! I left early enough to avoid the busy traffic, and when the roads are good, it is only about an eight minute ride. The sun actually peeked through this afternoon and the roads were clear for the ride home. Yeeee-Haaaaaw!

Okay, okay - so maybe I did run with scissors a few times when I was a kid. Don't worry, Dad, I am wearing my helmet!

0 comments: