Sunday, March 7, 2010

It's Official

Tanner passed his driving test on his first try!

He is now an officially licensed Utah driver! They issue this temporary paper license first, then his permanent license card will be in the mail in a week or two. He only lost points on one or two "head checks" and on his parallel parking. Other than that he did great!

Photobucket
I had spent a number of hours with him practicing all of the required maneuvers. I know I'm not the best teacher, but nonetheless he could do them all pretty well - with one exception. He would nail the parallel park perfectly about half the time - the other half he would miss it and end up at an angle against the curb.

Anyway, so you can't say I didn't warn you - Tanner is now out on the streets!

Photobucket
We DO appreciate the responsibility that he has shown thus far! Way 2 Go, Tanner-Man!
PS: I stand corrected: Keri reminded me that she deserves credit for having..."escaped near death and endured long long lines at the Driver License Division, while Tanner was sarcastic and sassy." So there you go! Whaddya want - a Medal? :-))

5 comments:

The Firths said...

Yea!!! Way to go Tanner... I'll remember to stay clear!

Simply Lavender said...

2 high fives Tan-man!!

Thanks for sharing yet another milestone in the life of one of our most wonderful, courageous, sweet, awesome grands!! (in this case, I might add HANDSOME!) :)
And I can't think of a better, more patient teacher than you Matt!
You both did good!

HUGS.

Unknown said...

Well all I can say is you look really cool in that red car - maybe someone will write a song about Tanner and the red car!
How could anyone resist those eyes, that smile and that car!
Can we put an entry lock on that car only to be unlocked by a parent???

Keri said...

I'm thinking.....where is the credit for the MOM HERE? uh...um?? I too escaped near death and endured long long lines at the Driver License Division, while Tanner was sarcastic and sassy.

Simply Lavender said...

You're absolutely correct Ker!!
I apologize for not also mentioning a patient, cheering, and enduring mom on the front lines as well!!
Mom gets the brunt of the *not so fun side* of things a lot of the time. we could read a LOT of books or crochet a LOT of dishcloths during the time we have (and will have) stood in a line for kids!
(happy AND grouchy kids!) :)
All THREE of you did good!!

HUGS.